mobile - desktop
3 months for $50.00
News & Events:
Posted by honuman on December 24, 2002 at 11:45:54:
In Reply to: The 3rd one died today in my hands! posted by Flavia Guimaraes on December 22, 2002 at 10:18:43:
:The border of its shell was completely burned like someone soaked it in acid.Well, thats what happened!!
:Although Im Brazilian Im living in Malaysia and folks here do use chemicals to speed up the production of the clay vases.I still have 2 softies. One has the shell badly burned too but doesnt seem sick.The other one doesnt have any burn.I suppose it climbed to the basking rock to avoid the acid water.
:I didnt know clay vases were treated with acid and Im very sad because my softies suffered the consequences of my ignorance!!
We all learn from our mistakes. You did nothing wrong but now you know and you have shared your information with others.
Regarding the survivors -- best to keep them in a tank or large plastic tub (rubbermaid tub). I would keep the water EXTEMELY CLEAN -- like daily water changes. If they have abosorbed toxins they may not be able to flush them from their body but keep that water REAL fresh.