kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: How to clean sand in a SS tank?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Softshell Turtle Forum ]

Posted by Luis on August 07, 2002 at 17:58:37:

In Reply to: How to clean sand in a SS tank? posted by Vashek on August 04, 2002 at 22:00:46:

:Hi there, this may sound a bit strange but I'm just looking for some ideas how to clean a SS tank. I find it really difficult to haul out all the send while cleaning the tank and than wash all the sand in a bucket. Anybody has a different way of doing it? Please share your ideas. It takes me forever to clean my tank. Thanks...

Hi:
This is how you clean the sand.It takes a bit of time but does work well.Okay you take a siphon tube about 6 ft long and 2 inches wide is mine.A piece of hose works or get any siphon tube.begin the siphon in the water than siphon the sand with water into a bucket.You than take the bucket outside or over a sink stir up the water well and slowly pour it out the debris will pour out with the water and the sand will remain clean.I clean about half my tank when I do water changes.After a few times you get the hang of how much sand to siphon so bucket isnt to heavy.It does work very well.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Softshell Turtle Forum ]