kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Zoo Med Aspen Snake Bedding  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Field Research in Hawai'i

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Society Forum ]

Posted by Will on June 28, 2002 at 04:09:52:

I'm currently living on O'ahu, Hawaii and later, will be visiting Kaua'i. I've found and photographed many of the introduced island species. However, I'm running low on time and having difficulty locating some species. I'm aware of a location where Green and Black Dart-Posion Frogs exist, but am having trouble location them now. Considering its the dry season and they are most likely under or in shelters. Unfortunately, there is no rain showers in sight, few leaky hoses to investigate and not many objects to overturn. Even with these conditions, perhaps someone has a suggestion or two that would help. In addition to the frog difficulty, im having a hard time locating Knight Anole, Tokay Gecko, Orange-spotted Day Gecko, and even the Jackson's Chameleon. Mourning Geckos and House Geckos abound, but the Tree Gecko and Indo-Pacific are more elusive. Does anyone have suggestions or locations on where to photograph the Tree and Indo-Pacific Gecko on Kaua'i or O'ahu? Finally skinks. The Snake-eyed Skink is reported to be rather common among the lava rock on the seashore. However, i'm not finding them as common as others are reporting. The Copper-tailed Skink is rumored to have a limited distribution on Kaua'i and the Month Gecko is said to be rather common in appropriate habitat. As for the the Azure-Tailed Skink it has not been sighted on the Hawaiian Islands for years. Nevertheless, if anyone has any suggestions, comments, or locations on where to photograph the Azure-tailed Skink or any other of the introduced species on Kaua'i or O'ahu, I'm very interested to here of your studies. Feel welcome to email.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Society Forum ]