is there a qualified herp vet is the house? I need you!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Herp Society Forums ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Johannes on July 22, 2000 at 05:18:07:

Private response only to my e-mail, please.
I am worried about my 3.5 year old female iguana. This week I noticed some hard bumps, almost like callouses on the back and neck area of my iguana. They do not appear to be infected but obviuosly they are affecting my BABY. When I handled her yesterday, I inadvertantly touched one of the bumps and she snapped at me and bit me really hard.
I am on a disabolity pension and live on a shoestring budget. Vet costs are very expensive her in Canada. I cannot even get a vet to agree to payments. I just took my other iguana to a vet for a checkup and blood work and the vet soaked me for over $150.00 which took a lot out of me.
I don't know what to do about this new situation. Someone suggested I give my BABY up to a rescue but I don't want to do that unless I know I would have a chance of getting her back if she becomes better. And I don't want to see her suffer. Could she have early stages of this bone disease? I don't know a lot about it.
Would someone please respond and help me? I have posted a mesage on the canadian forum and got a note from a herpotologist when I asked for a qualified vet. If you are a qualified vet with a good reputation, please respond to my plead for help.
Thank you in advance.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Herp Society Forums ] [ FAQ ]