return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

oops ment Warning n/p

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Herp Society Forums ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mark on December 02, 1999 at 00:05:32:

In Reply to: Marning about the SCVS posted by Mark Wilkerson on December 02, 1999 at 00:04:17:

: It has come to my attention that someone out there is soliciting product donations as the Southern California Varanid Society.

: Anyone reciving such a solicitation any time after August 1999 should contact me at SCVSMain@aol.com. Apparently the
: person or person's doing this, claim to be "my brother" Steve Wilkerson. I have no siblings, and no one in my family is envolved
: with the SCVS. Any soliciters who claim to be a family member of mine are lying. If anyone has gotten a solicitatoin with any
: type of contact information from the soliciter, please contact me. Also, we have never been non-profit, and have never accepted
: cash donations, let alone asked for them.

: It is because of this, and several other reasons, that I have chosen to disband the SCVS for at least a year. As it stands right
: now, we only have 22 members, non of which are very active, and we stoped holding meetings and charging for membership
: back in 97'. SCVS hasn't really acomplished anything I wanted it to over the last few years, other than the animal rescue
: aspects and most in monitor circles in my area have barely heard of SCVS, let alone become members. I don't think that the
: current, non-staff members are going to care all that much, and the staff is getting pretty short handed as it is. :)

: We are still taking in unwanted, abused, escaped, and agressive reptiles, just not under the SCVS name any longer.

: I'll be concentrating on my upcoming indo monitor project, which is likely to span quite a few years. I will be spending most of
: my time between then and now making varanus.com the best resource it can possibly be.

: I would like to thank all of those who have helped out over the years, especially RAM Network. They kept us going for the last
: few years. Also thanks to Ralph Curtis Publishing, Chris Scott, ESU, Carlos Martinez, University of Florida Press, and
: everyone who has contributed along the way.

: -Mark Wilkerson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Herp Society Forums ] [ FAQ ]