kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: quick question for Lynn DeVries

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Snapping Turtle Forum ]

Posted by nine0proof on January 27, 2003 at 10:40:32:

In Reply to: Re: quick question for Lynn DeVries posted by Lynn_DeVries on January 27, 2003 at 00:06:11:

Lynn, thanks for responding so quickly.
Talk to you later
Bob

::I read in a post from you that you have a pond with about 40m adult common snappers, I keep a few in my house. I dont have the property to build a pond for them now, but someday I would love to. My question is what do you feed them? I know of people that feed wild snappers scrapes of things, but I was wondering what you feed you snappers in the pond?
::Thanks for reading this,
::Bob
:Hi Bob- In the main snapper pond I have 10 adult males and 30 adult females. There are also a number of sub adults that are hatchlings I missed when harvesting babies. and they have been growing up over the last few years. I have fed them all sorts of whole animals such as chickens,ducks,carp,catfish etc. But as a mainstay diet I have been feeding a 3 part mix of Trout chow,dog food and cat food. I buy 50lbs of each and mix it together, so I have 150lbs every time I mix it. For indoor specimens the mix is the easiest, But they like snails,worms and minnows as well. Mazuri is making an aquatic turtle diet that has been recommended to me, and I will be getting 25lbs of it this week to try.
:Later,Lynn

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Snapping Turtle Forum ]