kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

A lady never discusses her weight....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Skink Forum ]

Posted by icequeen on May 10, 2003 at 09:47:15:

buuuut...since we really don't know if Dill is a boy or a girl...I GUESS I can tell you....

Dill weighs in at 390 grams.

To me, she seems thinnnn...unless the pics I see on line are of overly pudgy PTS!
Last night I had a hell of a time getting her meds into her...I wrap her in a tea towel to try and keep her feet from flailing around...but last night...she flipped right over onto her back!! Of course that's right when she opened her mouth, and in went the medicine!
I'm worried it went somewhere it shouldn't of, with her in that position! It sounded like she burped afterward, and like it went up her nose! I hope she didn't aspirate any!!!!

As I mentioned before, right now I keep a white bedsheet on the bottom of Dills tank...to provide a better grip than a bare floor would, also to prevent anything from sticking to her toes, but the primary reason was to keep an eye out for those pesky snake mites! Anyway...usually when I mist Dills tank, she buries her head under a fold in the sheet...like she's trying to hide. This morning though...I moved her out of her hide, and started misting...and she stayed put! And drank, and drank! Now she's eating some purreed green beans, I blend them with some water just to make sure she's getting fluid...but if she's finally going to start drinking on her own..maybe I can start leaving her food a little chunkier, rather than baby food consistancy.

ohhhh...she's gone back to bed now. lazy lizard!

She shows absolutely NO interest in pathos leaves at all. I've tried chopping them, and just tearing them to let some of the smell out...but still nothing. I put a beautiful full pathos plant in with her the other day, and now she won't go to that end of her tank at all. I was hoping it would encourage her to munch on it whenever she felt peckish.

Well...I'm off to the stores to get some more goodies for my critters...oh yeah...and a birthday present for my son...can't forget that! (it's in June...so if I forgot...I'd still have time)

Bye for now Brian!
And THANK YOU for allllll of your help and concern!!!!

Kim

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Skink Forum ]