kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: East Coast Weather, Expecting Animals, Delta Dash Question.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Shipping Forum ]

Posted by reptile world on February 20, 2003 at 19:54:00:

In Reply to: Re: East Coast Weather, Expecting Animals, Delta Dash Question. posted by rkreptiles on February 20, 2003 at 06:46:36:

Guys, I used to be paranoid about the internet and law enforcement. I am not anymore. There are way to many other things on the net right now that government agencies are looking into. Besides that, the law is not enforced much at all. The main thing is that they cannot be sold in the city. I could see things being different if I was talking about a dangerous animal, or an endangered species, but not a couple of dwarf monitors. If I did get tracked down and had to appear at court for three monitors, it would give me a chance to speak my mind, and attempt to argue the basis of there laws against "Potentially Dangerous or Lethal Animals". I dont know about your opinion, but those Odatria Monitor Species are SO DANGEROUS!

Besides that, it is not "Twits" (Thanks for the name calling bud, I guess a civilized conversation isnt possible) like me, who make the law the way it is. I am an experianced herpetoculturist, and I have been in this hobby since I am five years old. Let me give you an example of the twits that ruin it for all of us. A young guy goes out and buys a large nile monitor because he wants to show off. He then gets his hand ripped open by the animal because he didnt know how to properly care for it.

All that said, I apreciate the actual information that was contained in the replies. Thank you.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Shipping Forum ]