kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: USPS are a bunch of idiots

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Shipping Forum ]

Posted by franklin edwards on January 27, 2003 at 14:29:28:

In Reply to: USPS are a bunch of idiots posted by dt1977 on January 22, 2003 at 19:42:43:

You need to make sure the package will arrive in 24 hours first. Sometime USPS will not gurentee overnight. USPS can go with out labing. I would go with UPS or FED-X

:I talked to USPS about shipping live reptiles. There first response was "that's illegal" than they transfered me to another department. i assured them it was legal.
:Than they told me they couldn't guarantee express overnight delivery because of Fedex's policies.
:So what's the deal.
:I can either ship them unmarked and have them arrive the next day or I can ship them labeled clearly and hope they make it to there destination before the heat pack runs out in 2-3 days.
:Not to mention my local post office won't even except the package if it is labeled, I would have to drive an hour out to a "hub".
:Anyone have problems shipping unlabeled animals in the past?
:I think the package probably gets beaten around regardless of rather its labeled correctly.
:anyone want to comment. what am I supposed to do?
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Herp Shipping Forum ]