kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Shipping Regs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Shipping Forum ]

Posted by Renegade Reptiles on February 18, 2002 at 10:54:30:

I'm just curious to know if there is any one(or group) that is trying to get any of these carriers (UPS, FedEx Airborne, etc.)to legally ship snakes?? It seems that there are enough people in this growing industy, to carry a little weight with these corporate giants. I saw , somewhere one the web, that someone was trying to get them to ship live reptiles, but I don't remember where, or who, it was. If there isn't some one trying to do this....maybe we should be. Instead of complaining about it!! I recently talked with Loren from LLL Reptile, and even they have problems with UPS. He said that he would interested in any effort to try and legalize reptile shipments.
I would think that PIJAC or PARC could organize some type of petition or lobbying effort on behalf of reptile breeders. It could translate into millions of dollars for a carrier that was willing to ship live reptiles. That should be incentive enough for one of them to consider it.
If anyone has information on some one that is working on this problem, I would like to hear about it. It's time we, as an industry, try to get something done about this!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Shipping Forum ]