kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Kenyan Sand Boa question. :)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rosy and Sandboa Forum ]

Posted by jasons-jungle on April 16, 2003 at 15:13:05:

In Reply to: Re: Kenyan Sand Boa question. :) posted by jasons-jungle on April 16, 2003 at 15:12:03:

::I have a pair of Anerythristic KSB's. They are just about 2 1/2 years old. The male is 12 inches and weighs 90 grams. The female is 14 inches and weighs 138 grams. Now I've seen pictures here of really BIG KSB's that are 27 to 30 inches and weigh more than 2 pounds!! I don't try to "power feed" my little ones and I'm not in a hurry for them to grow "really large", but I was wondering how common it is for them to grow to 27 to 30 inches or more in length? Are KSB's of that size rare? If so, what's the average size? If not, about how many years would it take for my female to get that large. I feed my little ones 2 appropriate sized rodents every 10 to 14 days. Is that too much, not enough, or about right? They seem to be in good weight in porportion to their size. I guess I basically trying to find out how big my boas will get. I know the male won't get as big as the female, but if the female's is meant to grow to 27 inches or more.........I think I'm not feeding her enough. Does anyone have any thoughts on how big KSB females and males normally get??? Thanks for any info.
:: Linda :)

:I wish life were so easy that when my wife made me mad I could just eat her! HAHAHA!
:Of course the females get bigger than the males so I'd suppose she'd eat me. On second thought maybe that doesn't sound so good.
:Per the other e-mails though, this would probably not happen in captivity with well-fed animals. I'm sure this is a last resort.
:Jason @ Jason's Jungle
:
I'm an idiot. Sorry, meant to reply to the post below this one regarding the cannibalistic sand boas...
Jason @ Jason's Jungle

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rosy and Sandboa Forum ]