kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Even before......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rosy and Sandboa Forum ]

Posted by Kerby... on March 21, 2003 at 10:02:50:

In Reply to: Re: Curious? posted by serpentdude on March 20, 2003 at 15:41:34:

:) Even before this other herp site started, the forums at kingsnake.com have ALWAYS had and STILL HAVE the problem of a "newbie" asking basic, simple questions, and then a week later this same newbie is now giving out advice on these forums like they are the expert. And some of the info given out is quite funny at times.........

Now to rosy boa locales. There ARE NOT lines drawn in the sand in the SW when it comes to rosy boa locales. I find it rather amusing that some of the "big breeders" at the IRBA shows are selling Arizona locales that look nothing like the ones I've seen in the wild. Yes, there is some variety within locales, BUT the problem is with the big breeders who say "your wild-caught doesn't look anything like my captive-born"; my question and EVERYONE else's question ought to be "how come your captive-born don't look like the wild-caughts?".....

If you want specific locales, then I would recommend taking a vacation and find them......... but then yours won't look anything like the same locales that are being sold on the classifieds LOL

Kerby...

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rosy and Sandboa Forum ]