kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: I never see abby in her humid hide, how often do yours......

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by RHACO-JACKO on October 14, 2002 at 08:53:15:

In Reply to: I never see abby in her humid hide, how often do yours...... posted by STARMOM on October 13, 2002 at 07:59:32:

Hi Sue,
Just keep on misting the cages twice a day, thats just fine to help with shedding. I technically dont have a humidity hide (box) in my enclosures. The only spot that one can consider a humidity box would be my egg laying containers which are filled with moist vermiculite. I have never seen my males nor females use the nesting site to help with shedding, the females will only venture into the nest site to lay eggs. Once I do see that one of my cresteds has a white glow to thier color (this means that a shed will soon begin), I will spray that animal down a couple times a day along with misting the enclosure until the shed is complete. Just to keep you posted Iam currently up to eight eggs and hoping to find two more tonight from my best looking pair (keep fingers crossed), the female is a pumpkin spice (orange with tons of black spots) and the male is a harlequin (orange with red ,pink & black spots). Sorry to get off subject but Im proud of my little ones, as I'm sure most of you are. So its O.K for everyone to brag now and then. Jack

:use theirs?
:She abby just weird? any ideas for me? Im concerned about her shedding. I do mist her home twice a day and try to keep the humidity up in the 80-90% range........
:could use some ideas....
:thanks
:sue

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]