kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Zoo Med Aspen Snake Bedding  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

crested geckos as pets...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by randi on May 05, 2003 at 20:14:32:

In Reply to: crested geckos as pets... posted by breen7 on May 05, 2003 at 19:13:01:

Cresties are great pets. I have 1.2. They are very mellow and sweet. I can stick my hands in there to feed them or move things around and they don't mind. They hand onto the plants and onto the side of the tank during the day until the it gets dark. They then chase crickets around or eat their baby food. They love to jump around when you take them out of their cage. I haven't heard them make any noises. They are fun to watch when they walk on the flat ground since their toes curl up so they don't stick to the surface. I'm hoping they will breed when they get older. Two of mine I got when they were hatchlings and raised them to the 5 months old they are now.

Randi

:Hello. I have several reptiles so I generally know what to expect out of a herp as a pet. However, I'm still curious as to the crested geckos behaviour in regards to handling, any noise they make, ecetera. Any anecdotes, advice, or information about what sort of pet these guys make is greatly apreciated.

:Ashton

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]