kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Thanks to you both....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by TammyP on April 22, 2003 at 18:57:01:

In Reply to: Didn't use nesting box...any ideas? posted by mikecoscia on April 22, 2003 at 07:43:30:

I'll see if I can answer some of the questions you had...

First, I guess the bedding might not have been moist enough, this is the first time I've used peat. I'm use to perlite/vermiculite with my corn snakes and their eggs.

As far as the age of the female and if this is her first clutch Gecko King might be able to help out on this one. I purchased the 1.3 geckos from him and the females had already been introduced to a male. I have them all housed seperately and the females have not been with the male since coming here.

If she just did not like her box she has a funny way of showing it. *LOL* She was in it, buried in the peat or sitting on the edge so she acted happy.

I just went and snapped a pic of the eggs that you see above. The two healthy looking eggs on the right came from Matilda and the two on the left from Penelope. Of course you can see the one on the top left is bad and the other one looks yellow to me compared to the other eggs.

There is still one more female to go so last night I did take every box and took the peat out to add moisture and fluff it up a bit. If Annebelle is going to drop eggs I want her to do it in the right spot.

Thanks for the help, you can never get to much info and you learn something new everyday. (if you want) :o)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]