kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: What are the stages of a crested egg? at 2 weeks, 3 weeks...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by Gecko2525 on April 21, 2003 at 08:24:02:

In Reply to: Re: What are the stages of a crested egg? at 2 weeks, 3 weeks... posted by mikecoscia on April 21, 2003 at 07:31:47:

40 DAYS!!! I read 60 - 90 days.
I don't see any of that stuff yet. Mind you the last time I checked was a while ago I think. The egg are still pink inside so that is a good sign, but I didn't see any sign of a baby in there. Could an egg be pink and gone wrong some where? Wouldn't it start to go yellow or mould?

I'll check again tonight. And yes I do not turn the eggs at all and I am quick with the light.

If temps rise to about 81 - 82 for a day is that harmful. The weekend was hot and I hope things are okay.

Once again....Thanks! LOL
Liz

:Liz,
:If you incubated the egg at around 76-78F your eggs should hatch around 40 days. If your temps are a bit lower add another 10 days or so. However by now you should easily be able to make out the eyes and possibly some twitching. The twitching helps build the embryos muscled tissue. As hatching time approaches even closer the egg will appear to have shadows in it and the head and tail are sometimes visible. It depends on how the embryo is situated. There really is no chart or pictures I know of, just for the fact it can be a hard to do and you also do not want to disturb the egg so much. Be very careful when handling it (don’t accidentally turn it you can drown the embryo very easy this late in development) and do not keep the light on it for to long (could over heat the egg). Best of luck.
:-Mike

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]