kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Devil's Advocate?...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by ciliatus on April 17, 2003 at 06:08:29:

In Reply to: Devil's Advocate?... posted by azteclizard on April 16, 2003 at 11:09:30:

hi there, nice topic. i am not for to long now into cresteds, but i do feel that popflop got misunderstood somehow.
unfortunately i am from europe and i cant get the article from allen on pure babyfood diet over here, but i do think, that allen has different ways to put the exact amount of ingredients needed into such a diet, than us the normal 4 cresteds folk has.
so i think not everybody should just take a little bit of this and a little bit of that and make nice yummy babyfood as a strict non-prey-diet.

since the cresteds were rediscovered only about 10 years ago, nobody can really finally tell if crix with babyfood, or special mixes like allens are the right thing to do (as those animals will live approx. 15 years and longer in captivity).
so nobody can say, my animals get older and live healthier. and even in a few years, as food isnt the only thing that influences their lifes, nobody will be able to say for sure whats the better way.

but we have to make a difference between pros like allen, mike etc and hobby guys like most of us. i wouldnt trust my judgement that much to say, yes i got the right balance of all the stuff needed for my gecko. and so the safer way (until my parents come back from their vacation in the states, hopefully with a lot of cgd (ill send you an email today allen ;])) for me at the moment is to feed gutloaded crix and fruits and babyfood but mainly crix (as he preferres them).

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]