kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Ringneck Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Long time no see! But I have some very bad news :(

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by RhacsRsweet on April 14, 2003 at 21:33:19:

Yeah it's been a long time. My computer has been screwed up and just recently I got it fixed. Now for the bad news. About a month ago I started to notice that one of my cresties was acting very strange. It wasn't eating and was moving very strangely. It died a few days later. I was very confused because it use to be so healthy. Well a week later I started noticing that the rest started to get sick. I was freaking out, and there are no vets that deal with reptiles anywhere close. Then everything went down hill. They started to die! I have no idea what killed them all. I know it had to be some sort of virus or something, but I have no clue as to what it was. Because of that incident I have thrown all of my cages out that housed the cresties and aurics. If anyone has any idea what could be the cause please help. This is very sad and has made me loose a lot of money($425 for all my cresties and $125 for my rubbermaid cages). Now I'm saving money so that I can hopefully get some more.

One thing that I should note is that the one that died first is from LLLReptile. I'm not saying that the virus came from there, but it is just something that you might want to be aware of.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]