mobile - desktop
3 months for $50.00
News & Events:
Posted by mikecoscia on April 05, 2003 at 20:57:02:
In Reply to: Problems with moldy baby food........ posted by DavidBeard on April 05, 2003 at 17:46:21:
You should be able to leave fruit in the cage for days without a problem. It will dry out in a few days before you even see a hint of mold. Rhacs (and other nectar loving reptiles) seem to enjoy the fruit more as it ages. This fondness prob comes from the fact that they feed off rotten fruit that has split open (not being able to break them open themselves obviously). If you are seeing mold your cage humidity is most likely to high. The ambient room humidity should be more then enough. If it is overly dry (from baseboard heating, forced air, etc) you can spray lightly in the evening. That is all that should be needed. If the humidity is too high not only will you get mold like you are seeing but bacteria build up that could potentially harm your gecko.