kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Crestie Habititats?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by Dave A. on September 29, 2002 at 06:42:54:

In Reply to: Crestie Habititats? posted by GECKOFREAK on September 28, 2002 at 22:24:36:

i dont have any pictures but i can give a description.

My substrate is a layer of bed-a-beast about an inch thick. Over that i have some bark chips, a bit of spanish moss, and some fallen leaves covering the bottom. I dont use real plants, not yet anyways. The back wall of my enclosure is also covered in spanish moss, it creates a hanging wall of moss that the geckos crawl on and behind, it also works well to keep hummidity up. At one end I have a small viney little fake plant that the cresties crawl in and usually sleep in. At the other end its a potho, fern combo with the potho taking up most of the corner and the fern spreading out giving the tank a nice look. Theres a large piece of drift wood in the middle and behind that is a small water bowl and a feeding station raised off the ground to keep crickets out of it. Theres also some branches for the cresties to climb around on, each one is wrapped with a fake leafy fine, again for aesthetic appeal. Theres a 60 watt night bulb at the end with the large potho and since the potho goes from top to bottom of the cage, the geckos thermoregulate in it by moving from top to bottom and vice versa. Thats about it, if i ever manage to get a pic ill post it. Any more questions just ask and ill see if i can answer them.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]