kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Slightly yellow eggs? Can they still be fertile? >>>

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by Gecko_King on March 14, 2003 at 16:07:06:

In Reply to: Slightly yellow eggs? Can they still be fertile? >>> posted by Gecko2525 on March 14, 2003 at 15:57:14:

:My female laid 2 eggs about 18 days ago. One was bright white and perfectly oval. The other was white not shape very well and had dips in it. Well, that egg popped right out in a few days and it now bigger than the other perfectly oval one. They are both a slight yellow and I was wondering if they should stay a bright white.

:If they are not fertile....this is her 3 infertile clutch.
:Is it something I'm doing? I have perlite/verm mixed in a moist plastic container. It is damp, but not WET, I "can't" squeeze water out of the mixture at all. The temp is 77 - 79 F. I haven't picked them up yet to check for a pinky glow....though I'm not sure HOW pink it is suppose to be. I have put a flashlight beside the egg and it was a little yellow, but it is hard to tell like that.

:*** This female was with the previous owners male, not mine. I have not mated my male with her. Maybe the male she used wasn't fertile?? I have no idea. Mind you she wouldn't lay eggs, would she??

:Any good tips on egg care or any common mistakes??

:THANKS!

I would leave them alone. Being yellow doesn't mean anything at this point. It is best to leave the eggs alone and let nature take its course. Going from white to yellow might indicate a problem but it is nothing that can be fixed. With any of your other eggs that went bad, did you open any up? And if so, was their an embryo inside?
Why is your male not with the female now? I leave mine together 24/7 and 365 days a year. They get alone great.
Good luck with the eggs
David

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]