kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Leachianus - telling the boys from the girls?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by mconley on September 26, 2002 at 15:42:57:

In Reply to: Re: Leachianus - telling the boys from the girls? posted by OBELIGZ on September 26, 2002 at 14:28:59:

:Hi.
:I can't help you sex your leachie but here are some pics for you to compare with. I think that your leachie should be sexable at that age, I THINK I have read that henkeli's mature at 2-3yrs and GT's at 3-4 yrs in captivity.

I am very interested in seeing pics of the CF's. That is a real find.

Mike

:Here is my GT male
:
:Here is my juv PI henkeli. In theory this should be a female because of temp dependant sex determination during incubation but I have to wait another year or so to be sure.
:
:I'll be getting 2 subadult pair of CF leachies this weekend, If you think it would help you I could take some pics of their bellies too.
:Hope this helps.
:Regards
:obeligz

::I have a P.I. Leachianus, 27 months old. He was sold as a possible male, but I'm not too sure right now. Since most male Rhacs tend to be obviously male from a mile away, it seems Oscar isn't all that gifted - yet? Some of the pictures I've seen of male leachies show way more bulge than Oscar has. It doesn't help that they have that screwy looking tail, making it even more confusing to sex, and I don't have any others to compare him with. Around what age should it be easy to tell boys from the girls? Since they mature so darned sloooooowly, maybe it's still too early to tell? I could try to take some pictures but he's not as easy to manhandle as a leopard gecko, so I haven't even tried to get some down-under pictures yet.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]