kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

scary and long shedding experience

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by aisha on January 26, 2003 at 13:13:03:

For the about last week my crested, Toadie, has been acting weird. She wasn’t able to climb well or stick on the walls. It was like she was getting ready to shed but didn’t so I started spraying down the cage more often with no effect. The last couple days she wasn’t eating much. I had to start hand feeding her again and she ate well and was having good bowl movements. Yesterday I found her in her cave with her bedding all over her skin because apparently she walked or fell from a branch in to her baby food dish and got it stuck all over her. I had to put her in a shallow dish of water to wipe off the food and bedding off. The next day I found her hanging by her tail from a branch and as I got closer I noticed she was in shed but seemed stuck not moving so I took her out and took a wet Q-tip and wiped her back down to start her shed a little. I have seen her shed before and this shed seemed much more thick than normal. I put her back in her cage and watched her shed the rest of the way. After that she has acted perfectly normal eating by herself, climbing and jumping fine, and cuddling with Griffin. Has anyone had an experience like this? Does anyone have any idea what caused this? or what I can do to prevent this from happening again? I would appreciate any help.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]