kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re:how exciting!!!!!! Let us know how it goes.... :~) nt

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by STARMOM on January 14, 2003 at 19:31:00:

In Reply to: OMG! My female is laying right now! She was gravid 50 days! posted by Gecko2525 on January 14, 2003 at 19:19:37:

:She was gravid after all. 50 days later!! WoW I really was beginning to wonder, but I really had a gut feeling she was gravid (mother instincts I guess :)). 50 days is a long time. This is her second clutch. I have the egg box ready and the incubator running now. Mmmm not too excited eh? LOL
:It must have been my temperatures. They have been at 77 - 79 for a couple of days, plus I just re- moisted it this morning and I even re-dig her dug holes. She probably thought it was perfect!! ....I'm bouncing of the walls now. This is my first set of eggs as a breeder. Now all the real hard work really begins. LOL I noticed her in there at about 7:15 - 7:30. Normally she doesn't get up until like 1:00am so when I went to drop some crickets in there for her I noticed she was in the nest box in some weird position. I looked in confused and noticed she was kind of in a trance and her entire butt was covered with husk. I could only see her mid way up. I didn't put the crickets in though. I slowly closed the door RAN down stairs and danced around with my mom for a minute screaming "I have eggs!! I have eggs!" *soon* Kind of childish, but really funny. LOL
:It should be interesting if they are fertile because I bought her gravid and I don't know who the Daddy is or what he looks like.

:**How long does it normally take for her to actually lay the eggs????**

:Who would have thought Mike??? We both weren't sure. :)
:Thanks for EVERYONES help. Especially Mike and RhacsRsweet for all my annoying questions. I'll keep you posted on the eggs.

:Thanks again,
:Liz

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]