kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

The move probably slowed things down a bit. n/p

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by Gecko2525 on January 14, 2003 at 19:21:32:

In Reply to: OMG! My female is laying right now! She was gravid 50 days! posted by Gecko2525 on January 14, 2003 at 19:19:37:

:She was gravid after all. 50 days later!! WoW I really was beginning to wonder, but I really had a gut feeling she was gravid (mother instincts I guess :)). 50 days is a long time. This is her second clutch. I have the egg box ready and the incubator running now. Mmmm not too excited eh? LOL
:It must have been my temperatures. They have been at 77 - 79 for a couple of days, plus I just re- moisted it this morning and I even re-dig her dug holes. She probably thought it was perfect!! ....I'm bouncing of the walls now. This is my first set of eggs as a breeder. Now all the real hard work really begins. LOL I noticed her in there at about 7:15 - 7:30. Normally she doesn't get up until like 1:00am so when I went to drop some crickets in there for her I noticed she was in the nest box in some weird position. I looked in confused and noticed she was kind of in a trance and her entire butt was covered with husk. I could only see her mid way up. I didn't put the crickets in though. I slowly closed the door RAN down stairs and danced around with my mom for a minute screaming "I have eggs!! I have eggs!" *soon* Kind of childish, but really funny. LOL
:It should be interesting if they are fertile because I bought her gravid and I don't know who the Daddy is or what he looks like.

:**How long does it normally take for her to actually lay the eggs????**

:Who would have thought Mike??? We both weren't sure. :)
:Thanks for EVERYONES help. Especially Mike and RhacsRsweet for all my annoying questions. I'll keep you posted on the eggs.

:Thanks again,
:Liz

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]