kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Zoo Med Aspen Snake Bedding  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re:: maybe I should re name him........

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by Raymond Moreno on January 14, 2003 at 16:57:17:

In Reply to: Re:: maybe I should re name him........ posted by STARMOM on January 14, 2003 at 13:49:12:

Hey Sue,

if he's strutting around...how about re-naming him "Lil Pimp Daddy". Or how about "Tonnie Montanah," from the movie "Scar Face". Ha ha ha ha h.

Let's see some pictures when you get a chance. I wanna rejoice with you on your new family members!! (I'll bet a thousand bucks that they're all beautiful)!!

In Christ: Raymond

:jess "sticky feet/stumpy tail", poor little guy, yes he is still "strutting" around just fine!
:sue

:::don't worry...be happy. (Sorry, couldn't help that one). He' he'.

:::I'm sorry to hear that he dropped his tail. But from what I know, it is a very natural thing for them to do. In the wild it will distract a preditor long enough for the cresty to escape. But does "Jesse" still look cool? (I bet he's got the "ruggedly handsome look," now). Ha ha.

:::And since he is still so new, maybe it's time to re-name him. Something like:

:::Barney. (Like the scaredy "Barney Fife" from the Andy Griffith Show - cuz he got scared and dropped his tail).

:::Spooky. (Cuz he got "spooked," and lost his tail.

:::Kerplunk. (Cuz his tail went "KERPLUNK" when it dropped).

:::OK, OK...enough of that! But seriously, I wouldn't worry about it. It's just something that comes with the territory of owning a cresty. Remember...you are "STAR-MOM". The Rhac forum "Honchess Supreme Being"!!! (So get your blue leotards, your red cape, and head to the nearest telephone booth to change clothes and see what you can do to keep "driving-on")!!!

:::I do empathise with you, and still wanna see pictures of your new additions. I bet they are ALLLLLLL awsome!!

:::And once again...sorry to hear about his tail.

:::In Christ: Raymond

:::

:::: My oldest Leopard gecko, Neo, recently had a freak tail-dropping as well. I just looked in his humid hide one morning and part of his tail was just laying there. I took him to the vet and we still don't know why his tail fell off. Just put some neosporin on the stub (make sure its regular neo. not the kind w/pain reliever!) and watch out for infection. If you notice anything wrong w/him, consult a vet.

::
::

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]