kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

female is digging big holes AGAIN! No eggs Going on 50 days!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by Gecko2525 on January 14, 2003 at 08:32:24:

My female stopped digging for a few days now she is digging again. There huge too! I am not even sure if she is gravid (purchased her about 2 weeks after she layed her first clutch). I was beginning to think she wasn't gravid for a while because she stopped digging and the days where slowly passing by. My temperatures have been higher lately during the day, between 76 -79 F (to me that is high) and 73 F at night. Maybe my temperatures were too low before, so now she has decided to lay. I am so confused. I will try to keep doing what I am doing. How do know when your nest box is moist enough.

Anyway, this morning one of the huge holes was covered with dirt and there was dirt scattered over the cage....not a lot just a bit....I lightly tried to remove the husk to see if there were eggs and.....nothing! Maybe I looking aain after work. She I just leave the holes??? Sometimes I cover them back up again. Maybe that's what she hasn't layed. I keep covering her hard-worked on holes.
If you can answer my questions that would great!
Any help or advice would be great too!!

Thanks,
Liz

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]