kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I just happend to be off for the last few days and have time

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by STARMOM on September 24, 2002 at 22:16:54:

In Reply to: starmom.... posted by Dave A. on September 24, 2002 at 21:43:01:

My daughter (4) is actually giving me alittle space too, which is nice because one of our beloved mantids died yesterday and we have been upset..........
Reading the posts and writing is distracting for me and relaxing at the same time.

I just really enjoy learnig about new things, the web has been the best thing for me over the years, anything that I want to know about I CAN find the answers by hook or by crook, webpages, forums such as this etc.....

Im also very active in the mantid forum here at kingsnake, its been really wonderful the support and caring that I have received there, from the time Max the mantid hatched from his ootheca to his seven molts finally to wings (the last happened in my hands which was a total trip, I will never forget that) I wrote about him and our adventures, as this insect became a part of our family and daily lives (which can seem strange to some) but Max and my other mantids are family pets just as my assortment of geckos is too (the mantids and geckos are primarily MY pets) my kids are allergic to furry animals, I had ALWAYS had a dog for years before I had kids...

anyway the mantid forum heard about eveything max did with interest and felt like they knew him too, and mourned with me yesterday and today.........that was pretty amazing...

I am finding that the people here on the rhacodactylus forum are very interested and facinated by their pets and I love sharing this interest on the same level with everyone else, I particularly LOVE the photos, the cresteds are sooooooooooo darn cute! I cant wait for abby to grow bigger, she is a teeny tiny little thing still, she is just starting to look as though she is filling out a smidge.

Anyway I can ramble on forever, Im glad we are all here, I dont know that much about the cresteds,but im glad that we are all here to share what we do know.......
blessed be..
Sue and the critters. :~)

:your practically running the forum and you got it rolling for us. Id just like to say thanks for getting it rolling and keeping it going. Thanks.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]