kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

YOU THINK THAT'S BAD....................................

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by RhacsRsweet on January 03, 2003 at 22:39:49:

In Reply to: The fury i can no longer hold in.....(need advice.) posted by falconer44 on January 02, 2003 at 16:12:33:

My local pet supplies plus is horrible. It is the closest thing to reptile hell I can think of. All the animals are dying or dead! Yes dead! The people don't even take the dead animals out until the customers complain about the stech. They know nothing about the animals. Igaunas share cages with water dragons, and tortoises. Leopard geckos with fat-tailed geckos, tokay and house geckos. There are crickets in cages of animals that eat only plants. The staff knows nothing about what they are doing."hehe hey bubba let's see how big of a rat will fit in this ball python's mouth,Hehe" this is conversations that probably go on there. I want to walk right in and punch the manager right in the face(but that doesn't solve anything). Even before it was a dungeon of death I applied thinking I might be able to save some of the animals. If you had to pick out of a few people and one has had over 11 years worth of reptile experience wouldn't you pick that person? No! The stupid guy hired a little stoner(no I'm not judging, I heard him talking about it). I hope that all Pet Supplies Plus are corrected, or destroyed. It isn't just this one pet supplies either. All I've seen are as bad or worse. These kinds of stores need to be shut down.

:Went to the local petsmart store today to get crickets, and guess what they had......cresteds. I was furious. They had them in a desert set up with heat lights on high and the manager said they havent been fed in atleast a week. They were also being sold for 160 bucks. I feel so bad for the cresteds, i wish i could help them. Is there anything i can do? I know one emplyee who might change the cage, but he was not working today. Maybe he can get them for a discounted price for me. Anybody got any advice?

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]