kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Ringneck Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: chill and buy this book . . .

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by Raymond Moreno on September 24, 2002 at 03:03:07:

In Reply to: chill and buy this book . . . posted by powergeckos on September 23, 2002 at 20:25:39:

Hey Monte,

thanks for the link to this book.

I was also gonna mention to the "Gecko Dude" that he purchase a few good books on "vivarium" and "terrarium" set-up's. (I've invsted in a few of those BEFORE I purchased my cresty, and found them to be invaluable).

He can also type in the words, "terrarrium," or "vivarium," and do a great search through the internet. (Which is also what I did).

And SUPERMOM (and you other readers)...you hit he nail RIGHT ON THE HEAD!!!

Gecko Dude is asking for waaaaaaay too much "simple stuff". He should be looking-up alot of this information himself. And as for "spelling-out" how to build a cage, well...there are good books that will cover this topic in great detail!! (And I also do not feel like writing a whole discertation on this topic, as I do enough writing as it is, being I'm a contributing writer for a national secutity magazine).

And lastly...thanks again for the link to the book. I was JUST in the market for this very book, and found it at "Barnes & Noble" for $60.00!! And at another website (I think it was "Herplit.com"), for $45.00.

So for $37.00, SHIPPED TO MY DOOR, that's a pretty fair price.

And very, very, lastly...Gecko-Dude...spend some of your well earned shekels on cresty resources. (Books-n-stuff). Don't always go by what others may say, cuz they're sometimes wrong. Read it for yourself, and start to establish your own resource collection. Cuz if you really think about it, how can you put a value on knowledge???

And also (OK...so I'm not done yet), don't try to "cut so many corners. (Being so cheap - which is very different from being "prudent"), cuz if the truth be told...this "lil investment" will cost you a pretty-penny in the long haul. (If you are gonna take care of him properly).

Best wishes, and keep us posted on your progress, "Gecko Freak"!!! (And don't worry, Doode...I'm not "dissing you").

In Christ: Raymond

:This book seems to have some suggestions for you, because it has a section on housing rhacs.

:I'd recommend you buying this.

:Another suggestion - narrow your questions a little bit - you're asking for the world - and forums are "bit by bit" information.

:Give and take - chill and wait . . .

:Hey, that rhymes!!!

:Monte - Powergeckos

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]