kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Thanks....I have had him for 4 - 5 months and wasn't like..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by Raymond Moreno on December 09, 2002 at 00:20:37:

In Reply to: Thanks....I have had him for 4 - 5 months and wasn't like.. posted by Gecko2525 on December 09, 2002 at 00:01:45:

Here's a couple of things to keep in mind:

1) Sometimes, in the span of ONE DAY...your animal will change his character. One day he'll be really cool withh you...and the next day he'll be the cresty from hell. I don't know why this happens, but it happens to almost every species of reptile. From cresty's, to beardies, to white throat monitors, etc.... (I guess it's kinda like puberty)??

2) If you're gonna take him to the vet, don't forget to take a FRESH stool sample. If it's still "steaming" in that cold winter air...you've done good. (Ha ha).

3) At 4 to 5 months of age, he's still growing. (That's also the age of my cresty, as he's 4 months, 2 weeks old).

4) I hope that he's OK. To me it sounds as if though he might smell your beardie, or he's just growing-up and his character is changing a bit.

Keep us posted.

In Christ: Raymond

:Thanks for you post!!
:I do appreciate your help.
:It is weird though because he never was like this before.
:I have had him for 4 - 5 months now. He only started acting like this when I got my Bearded Dragon. I can understand it if he was new, but he isn't new and he was NEVER like this. Now he isn't eating. I think I am going to take him to the vet.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]