kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Another Food Question - Re: baby food

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]

Posted by mikecoscia on November 22, 2002 at 11:38:32:

In Reply to: Another Food Question - Re: baby food posted by jff on November 22, 2002 at 09:34:24:

There is no problem with mixing meat baby foods or small insects with fruit. It is actually quite important to do so for certain species (aurics, leachies, etc) or just for stubborn crested geckos. As I have said before in previous posts, protein is needed first and foremost (esp for growing animals), with fruit being supplemented 2-3 times a week. I had to raise my aurics on a diet of alternating fruit, and fruit mixed with meat baby foods. Eventually as they got older they started to take crix and I stopped mixing the meat in with their fruit.

My adult cresties eat around 5-6 good size crix every other day, and supplemented with fruit 2-3 times a week. They could easily eat more if I gave it to them, but the little buggers are packing on the weight…lol. As long as your gecko is an adult and eating some crix during the week, you should not have to add meat baby food to his fruit. Although if you are worried that he is not eating enough crix, it is not a problem to mix some meat in with his fruit every once in awhile.
-Mike

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rhacodactylus Forum ]