kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Thanks Chris! more...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rear-Fanged Forum ]

Posted by Yasser on April 12, 2003 at 13:29:41:

In Reply to: Re: We've got a gravid Sonoran Lyre and... posted by gila7150 on April 12, 2003 at 07:55:16:

Thanks for the details on the eggs you hatched. I have been waiting to finally get a shot at hatching some of these buggers for several years now. I introduced a pair that I have and never really saw anything I would call breeding activity but hey, she's gravid and won't eat so something's coming. I just hope they're fertile. Do you know how many days it took yours to lay after her prelay shed? We are on day 6 I believe.
The neat thing is the female is a neat silver-blue color with no tan marking...pretty much axanthic like a corn snake would look. Did you get to try to feed the babies or did you send them off before then? I think I need to try and track down a few banded geckos or Sceloporous. I am sure scenting will be a neccesary part of the process.
Any other input you have is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
And thanks to C.H.2 for the other help. I will bug Terry about what he knows.
-Yasser

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rear-Fanged Forum ]