kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Trip to the vet?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rear-Fanged Forum ]

Posted by Wes on November 22, 2002 at 23:41:47:

In Reply to: Re: Trip to the vet? posted by Crystall on November 22, 2002 at 20:43:27:

Crystall,

These snakes are called Madagascar leaf-nosed snakes (Langaha madagascariensis). Really cool snakes. I picked my pair up at the Hamburg Show last August. They were more of an impulse buy because I really wanted a rear-fang, but decided against a FWC. I've now decided to buy a pair of FWC, so for space and money reasons I'm selling the leaf-nosed. Already in the middle of a deal. I bought this pair for $110 I believe, but I've seen them as low as $100. Glades Herps is asking for over a $100 a piece though. Anyway just in case you would like to know, the swelling on the male's nose did go down, but there's a bit of discoloration. I'm guessing in a shed or two it'll be back to normal.

Regards,
Wes

P.S. If you want to see more pictures of these guys (the female looks alot different from the male) go to the photo gallery section and type in the user name Wes. If you click to the second page you should see a picture of the male eating an anole. Pretty cool in my opinion.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rear-Fanged Forum ]