kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

K.E. Those are some very impressive........

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]

Posted by hotshot on February 05, 2003 at 18:05:02:

In Reply to: Re: Has there been any reports of leucistic.... posted by K.E. on February 05, 2003 at 10:24:03:

Snakes! Very awesome looking. You will have to keep me posted on how your venture turns out this year! I would love to get one of those in my collection! Sharp looking!
So has anyone figured out exactly what this is? Some form of albinism? Luecism? Or could this be some sort of amelanistic trait? Very interesting!
Good luck and happy herping
Brian

::K.E.
:: Nope that is not the one I was referring to. And this is the first time I have seen this animal!! You say it was caught in Jefferson County?? Thats pretty cool. The snake I was talking about was caught in another state, the one that KYSNAKE has posted below.
:No,
:I produced this animal this year. I have two like that and two with pink eyes! Their parents are the offspring of the animal that was collected in Jefferson county, KY near Dixie Highway. I bred the founder male with another Jefferson county animal and then crossed the hets last year.
:: But yours is also a really nice looking snake. How old is it? Hope you plan on breeding it! I would love to get one like that!!!
::Brian

::

:::

:::This animal is not leucistic but is quite unique. It originates from Jefferson county, KY. Just thought this may have been what you had seen. K.E.

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]