kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I used to have Todd Smith's . . >

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]

Posted by terryp on February 03, 2003 at 11:52:37:

In Reply to: Say, Gregg... posted by Shaky on January 31, 2003 at 11:07:12:

phone number at home. I'll check if it's still good and see if Todd will let me give it out. Todd Smith and Glenn Fankhauser were partners (maybe they still are) as Y Knot Reptile. They used to be listed on kingsnake.com, but I don't see it anylonger. I have an old business card. Did you receive that e-mail I tried sending through kingsnake and then you gave me your addy? Neither Todd nor Glenn have posted, that I know of, on the forums that I usually browse. They posts ads on the classifieds. Todd doesn't have the breeders or any of the offspring anylonger according to Glenn who just e-mailed me last week answering a question of mine on them. Glenn mentioned he'll have normals now since he likes the normal Bairds better anyway. Just his personal view. You should have my addy on the e-mail if you got it. I don't think anyone has ever nailed down the locality on the Bairds that went to Europe and came back albinos. If you get my drift. I also remember the SUPPOSED cross being labeled a Yellow rat snake for the amel gene as opposed to a Black rat snake. Quite frankly from my view, breeding an ALBINO baird to sell the first albinos and hets was good for that purpose. I really never thought they looked that good when put next to some of the normals that I've seen posted on this forum. Your bairds Shaky walk all over the albinos I've seen. I'd buy a pair of your offspring over a free albino baird anytime. If someone likes an albino Baird, then by all means get one. I'm just saying they don't look that nice to me.

:Is it possible to convince this "Todd" to post somethng about them online? I don't know the guy, and I dont want to really even question his veracity, but wouldn't it be great to figure out the actual locality of these guy's ancestors.
:Wow! To pin down where these came from could really stir some interest.
:I know I am excited about it.
:Amels aren't at all what I am after, and in fact, neither is the "hypo," but new bairdi morphs are almost unheard of thus far.
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]