kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Congrats Jimmy . . .>

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]

Posted by terryp on February 01, 2003 at 09:57:24:

In Reply to: Bairds posted by draybar on January 31, 2003 at 22:03:04:

I haven't bought anything from Renegades yet, but I've heard great things about doing business with them. I was looking to get on a list with Rick for a pair of red phase hognose. He sent me an e-mail that one of the females that threw red phase was 66 % het for amel, but she hadn't dropped an amel yet. He said if she didn't throw an amel that year, she was probably not het and the red phase from the clutch would be available. If an amel hatched then the clutch would go a different route. I'm paraphrasing this from memory so it might be off a little, but the main point should be there. Rick was straight up with me. He could have taken my deposit as back up and cover that years breeding with his possible het female. He didn't and I was able to look to other breeders. BTW - I never did get the red phase hogs. I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to order and get something from Rick if Renegade has something I want. I hope you'll enjoy your new bairdi. They are one of the nicest North American rat snakes. Their patterns will fade and/or disappear leaving stripes and having a sivlerish color with lots of oranges in varying degrees. They integrade with Texas rat snakes in the wild. If you haven't found out yet, check when they fed last. I try not to feed a new arrival for at least a week after getting them. Most will eat right away, but there's a chance of regurging from the stress of shipping. Let Renegade know when they arrive and if they are O.K. Let Renegade know when they eat their first time for you. Put a water dish and hide box in with them and let them unstress for a week. Good luck with your new additions Jimmy.

:Good news, or at least I think it is good news.
:I ordered 1.1 Bairds Rat snakes erlier this evening from Renegade reptiles.
:They should arrive tuesday.
:I will post pics when I get them.
:Thanks for the help in finding Renegade Reptiles
:Jimmy

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]