kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: are your tubs topless?..more

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]

Posted by Dwight Good on January 31, 2003 at 16:32:10:

In Reply to: Re: are your tubs topless?..more posted by Dre on January 31, 2003 at 16:17:29:

Yep, mine are topless. Much easier that way, IMHO. It's not like a 5' rat snake is gonna squeeze through the gap between the tub and the shelf, :)

:are you warming everybody up?

Yep, started last week. So far all the obsoleta have taken an average of two meals each. No sheds yet, it will probably be another 10-14 days before I see any 'action.'

:what's the temp in your room ?

Right now its probably around 78 F. I have a small bathroom type heater that I use to heat the entire room. According to my digital thermometer hanging near the door, the temps hover between 76 and 80 F. I guess the variation is dependant on how long I keep the door open and how many times per day I go out there. Since I keep mainly obsoleta, I don't have to use heat tape in my racks. The room is warm enough for them without the use of auxillary heat. However, I do have heat tape on my hatchling and subadult racks and try to keep the temps there in the low to mid 80's.

What about you Andre? Got anything going in your neck of the woods yet? I tried to get an early start this year, :)

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]