kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: I am sure you will be happy...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]

Posted by Kestrel on January 25, 2003 at 16:00:05:

In Reply to: I am sure you will be happy... posted by Mike_Pinkston on January 25, 2003 at 15:52:20:

I wish they grey like taiwans do.. LOL. the largest of my girls is around 7ft right now, and a little over a year and a half old.. All chowing on large/jumbo rats.. still trying to find a male though.. grrrr.. And yes, I plan on handling them frequently. Nothing stays hyper for long in my collection.. My taiwans you can literally grab their heads, bonk em on the nose, do whatever to them without them so much as pulling away from you.. Very VERY friendly snakes, and some of my favorites out of everything I have :) I expect these ridleyi to be the same way... (some of my favorites)

:I have 1.1 Ridleyi that are feeding on medium F/T mice and they are only a year and a half old. I am sure you are happy now but you will be even happier when you see how fast they grow. They seem to be a very hardy species when kept in the right conditions. Also take my advice and keep handling them!!! GREAT PICS!!! Best of luck to you with this pair I know I enjoy mine.

:Mike Pinkston
:HISS THIS HERPS

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]