kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: They haven't rubbed on the mesh . . .>

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]

Posted by cf on January 21, 2003 at 21:20:59:

In Reply to: They haven't rubbed on the mesh . . .> posted by terryp on January 21, 2003 at 17:40:59:

Excellent info, thank you all. I'll be putting the vertical cage together while she acclimates and gets used to some stability, as she was only at the place I got her from for 1 week, and can't be more than a month or so old. Anyway, I'll give her a week and try to get a feeding in, then I'll feel better, and hopefully she will too!

Freight

:at all that I have seen. They hang out on the upper branches that I have placed in the cage and setup in a way for them to roost so to speak. I purchased the fake branches and leaves from a local pet store (one of the few things I get at one). I have a couple very large (actually dog water dishes) in the cage. We have moist type winters so they are covered there. I haven't had to keep humidity up as high as I thought I would. I mist them now and then, expecially when they are getting ready to shed. It seems to work for me. My male Spilotes is from Guyana bloodline and my female is a w/c from Honduras. The cage is near the back window and sliding glass door so they are nice and warm during the spring and summer months of Bakersfield, CA. Dan Felice who sent me the male says its weird at his house to see his spilotes in the cage near the window and snow just outside the window. My spilotes are still in the same palce during the winter and seem to be in a cooling down mode. I hope this will be enough for them to breed this year. It's been recommended to me that they don't require a brumation to cycle them.

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]