kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: hey Dwight

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]

Posted by Dwight Good on January 17, 2003 at 22:43:47:

In Reply to: hey Dwight posted by dewey on January 17, 2003 at 21:19:18:

Also, were you aware that a Leucistic E.o.o. was caught in the wild in Ohio about 10 years ago?

The one caught by Matt Meade? Yep, heard that one before, :)

He has also found a new morph within the leucisitc too. It is very recessive, and hard to get. However, before he knew what he had, he let some get into the hands of others. Now the new morph is being produced by one guy that I know of, besides Darrin (who is having a real tough time with it). This morph is called the Sunglow. It is a phenominal looking animal, and it should be on the market next year I think.

Could this be the same as the 'flame leucistic' morph formerly offered by Tom Dew of Columbus, OH? I know the background of those animals as well. Peter Rushton is working with Tom's animals now.

Man I really don't want to bash anyone here so I'll keep this short and sweet. I hope anyone reading this will take the time to thoroughly browse the following links and make their own judgement as to whether the leucistic black rats are pure or otherwise. I did my research and made my decision several years ago. Don't take this the wrong way, I don't mean to be rude. Its just that this topic is akin to beating a dead horse to me..... :)

Click here and be sure to read Bob Fengya's comments.

Read this one too.

Last but not least, lol.

I will catch a Rustie here in MD this summer, and I hope this disspells any rumors about the Rusties being hybrids.

That would definitely be cool. I really need some good locality pics so I hope you find a ton of black rats in Maryland this summer.

Sorry this was so long, but I wanted to get this out to you. Take care, have a nice weekend, and by the way....make sure Jason and me are on the top of the list for your stock this year....Thanks man...have a nice weekend.

Ditto man. Hope you guys have a great weekend as well. I have a feeling its going to be a nippy one here in KY... the low tonight is dipping down to 4 F.

As for the reservation list, I don't have you guys in my folder yet. I know a few things you want but if you could send an email with exactly what you are interested in that would help me out a bunch. Trying to stay on top of things better this season, :))

Later,
dg

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]