kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Glad you all have enjoyed the pics.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]

Posted by hotshot on January 16, 2003 at 18:09:29:

In Reply to: Very informative posted by shesco on January 16, 2003 at 16:19:41:

Both Dwight and Phil have posted some really killer pics. Maybe this summer I will find some more elaphe and post some pics for you guys. And as Phil said, if your ever in KY, just give us a holler!! LOL
Terry, thanks for the kind words!
Brian

:Howdy all!
:I must say that after reading the many posts here, especially regarding the variations in Black Ratsnakes, I am most impressed by the diversity of the Elaphe species. The only Ratsnake I am aware of here in Utah is the Great Plains or Emory's Ratsnake, and even at that they are isolated to the eastern part of the state. Living in Salt Lake City on the edge of the west desert, the only snakes I see on a regular basis are Western Garter and Bull snakes, although for the first time in my life, and I will be hitting the half century mark in March, I did see several Western Yellow-bellied Racers here. First time I saw one of these guys I thought I had discovered the first Rocky Mountain Black Mamba, aggressive mean fellas they are!!! Anyway, I think you folks east of the Rockies that have an abundance of Ratsnake populations are very fortunate. Makes me want to pack up and move to Kentucky - LOL. Thanks to all for the very informative and interesting posts that occur here!
:Scott

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Rat Snake Forum ]