kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

My new love of the M. flagellum

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racer and Coachwhip Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Russ on April 16, 2001 at 10:07:41:

Hi everyone! This is my first time to post on the coachwhip forums. It is a nice change since I spend most of my time on the venomous forums. Anyway, the last two Sundays I've gone out to one of the area lakes and I've found what seems to be a small breeding population of Eastern coachwhips. Within a area (25'X35') I have caught at least 5 adults over 5' long. This area is right next to a spillway and it seems that when it was built (I don't know when) the contractors dumped all their extra concrete in a little clearing just to the south of the spillway. Then they dumped a lot of soil on top of the concrete in hopes of concealing it. Since then the soil has settled and eroded leaving multiple holes leading underground. This situation is amazing to me. I've never seen such a concentration of large snakes like this. It may be a makeshift den. Or could it be that these snakes have made it their permenent home. I guess I'll have to keep on coming back to see. Has anyone seen anything like this? Or am I just too excited? I'd love to hear your insights. I could definately get into these guys. They remind me so much of the mambas. Just less dangerous. Russ

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Racer and Coachwhip Forum ] [ FAQ ]