kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Didn't you get rid of your #1? n/p

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Python Forum ]

Posted by JakeM on May 02, 2003 at 20:33:24:

In Reply to: Here goes... posted by Yasser on May 02, 2003 at 19:55:39:

: I often urge folks to get into the species they genuinely have an interest in...not because it pays big bucks or is the next cool morph. Coming from that background, we veered off quite hard several years ago when we hit a fork in the road called Scrubs. I have never been so pleased and completely gratified by my work with any other species I have ever come into contact with...from colubrids to hots to boids to lizards.
:It really feels great when you hatch out babies from a species you haven't been able to see as babies becuase they simply don't exist. THAT is what fuels me...finding out the answers to the questions that have yet to be answered. I feel a sense of accomplishment even though I haven't really answered any of the best questions to ask. Try to breed Boelens or Lesser Sundas Pythons and learn every frickin' detail about them. Better yet, try to import more Halmahera Pythons, herpetoculture could use more anyday. To top that, try to hatch Halmas and learn everything there is to know about them too. Screw the market. With that said, here's my picks.

:1)Halmahera Pythons (closest living relative to the Boelens)
:2)Australian Scrub Python (the big daddy to all scrubs)
:3)Boelens (the other scrub)
:4)Oenpelli Pythons (in my dreams)
:5)Moluccan Pythons
:6)Barneck Scrub Pythons
:7)Lesser Sundas Pythons aka Timor Pythons
:8)Jamaican Boas (I know...it's a boa)
:9)Aru Scrubs
:10)Bismarck archipelago Scrub python (Again, in my dreams)

:-Yasser
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Python Forum ]