kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: read....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The NJHS Forum ]

Posted by Robert Sposato on October 24, 2001 at 08:11:06:

In Reply to: read.... posted by Frank Roberts on October 23, 2001 at 13:39:34:

See, I come from Edison (I always liked that town)!

: I have found a colony of African House geckoes in the edison new jersey area, they are established and breeding. I assume they where released in the apartment complex to control roaches, gues where they live in the winter, the boiler rooms, they are also outside till the weather makes them come indoors, there are hundreds of them and they are definately breeding, I have found 1 inch to 4 inch specimens, they are established, literally hundreds of them. They are cheap to buy and I figure someone got like 20 to 50 and released them and wham they have adapted to NJ weather by thermoregulation, they come indoors during the winter like deer mice. Some probably die but many survive and are a breeding colony. interesting stuff, so the cockaroaches can be there to stay.

: Frank Roberts

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The NJHS Forum ]