return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: dog walking business

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The National Iguana Awareness Day Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by sheree mcreynolds on January 15, 2000 at 09:18:06:

In Reply to: Re: PetLine - my e-mail to Animal Planet posted by Gina on September 08, 1999 at 19:52:09:

: : : OK, so I sent Animal Planet an e-mail. Argiope, I hope you don't mind, I mentioned that you would probably be happy to hear from them if they should have any questions about NIAD. I just figured who best to answer them? Anyway, here's the e-mail I sent:

: : : > Hello,
: : : > I am an animal lover and an Animal Planet viewer from Massachusetts and I just want to start by
: : : saying that I love this new Animal Planet channel. My remote has only a few "favorites"
: : : programmed into it and Animal Planet is one of them.

: : : > I do however, have a few concerns. I worry a lot when I see and hear misinformation on some of
: : : the shows. These shows are being broadcast to millions of people, some of whom have no prior
: : : experience with many animals. There have been a few instances, for example where I have heard
: : : such outdated information from Dr. Bernie, that I would have laughed at it, had I not been thinking
: : : about how many people would just assume that was the 'the word' and never question it.

: : : > Today, I was watching a re-run of Pet Line, in which the woman who was showing off new products
: : : told the viewing audience that iguanas are omnivores and need meat as well as vegetables in their
: : : diet. Now, I know there are still vets giving out this information, and many pet stores are, out of
: : : ignorance, doing the same. However, there has been much research proving to the contrary, that
: : : green iguanas are herbivores and should not be fed any type of animal protein. Such husbandry
: : : practices could indeed, be fatal within very few years when the iguana falls victim to kidney/renal
: : : failure. In fact, my iguana has recently passed away due to misinformation and a lack of knowledge
: : : of some very important factors in keeping iguanas as pets, such as the importance of proper
: : : hydration and supplementation.

: : : > There is a non-profit group in the U.S. (and world-wide) called National Iguana Awareness Day.
: : : This group of iguana keepers and researchers tries to spread the word on how to properly care for
: : : captive green iguanas. I realize that new information is constantly being discovered and there can be
: : : conflicting opinions on certain things regarding iguana care, but I feel that this group does a great job
: : : in trying to help educate people with the most up-to-date information available. There are also a few
: : : well known "iguana care gurus" that support this group in their efforts. I was wondering if the good
: : : people at Animal Planet would perhaps be interested in learning more about NIAD and captive
: : : green iguana care. If you are, I have enclosed a link to the national web site
: : : (http://www.niad.org/national/index.html). I am sure that the National NIAD Coordinator would be
: : : very happy to hear from you.

: : : > Thank you for your time,
: : : > Carrie Stadalski

: : : I feel better now. : )

: :
: : Carrie,

: : I e-mailed them about a month ago to ask if they would be willing to do a spot on NIAD or Iguana's. They replied that all their programming was done for 1999, but was happy to give me their advertising dept # who, was happy to e-mail me prices for ad time! I wish you luck but they are not very responsive. We need to get their attention but I don't know how.

: : Gina

: also...
: I will e-mail them again though in regards to this. Mabye enough e-maild will get their attention

: G
please help me find out more info on starting a dog walking business.Thanks

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The National Iguana Awareness Day Forum ] [ FAQ ]