return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

To New England Coordinators/Volunteers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The National Iguana Awareness Day Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Carrie on September 12, 1999 at 19:57:13:

Hi all,
A NIAD volunteer from Massachusetts here. I am trying to contact all of the New England NIAD coordinators in regards to the All New England Reptile Expo that I was at today. There was a NIAD booth there with coordinators from Rhode Island and Massachusetts, as well as a couple of MA volunteers. While we were there, at least 3 people from the New England Herpetological Society stopped by our booth. They all seemed very supportive of our group and since I left the expo today, I've been thinking about that.
Argiope has a pamphlet on the 'downloads page' that is specifically for non-profit organizations that might want to sponsor us. Now, I wouldn't have the slightest idea how to go about asking a group to sponsor us, but I really think that it would be great to sort of partner with NEHS and build on their experience and knowledge. If someone from NIAD could sit and meet with say, the president, perhaps we could get their sponsorship as a non-profit organization.
That brings me back to why I am contacting all of you. The reason I am a volunteer and not a coordinator is that I rarely have the time to follow up with all of my bright ideas. : ) I do hope however, that some of you can get together with each other and then and hopefully with NEHS. I have sent this message as an e-mail to all of the NE coordinators listed on the NIAD site but I am also posting this on the NIAD forum in the hopes that Argiope can give you some pointers on how to go about asking for sponsorship.
Thanks for your time- and good luck,
Carrie Stadalski
Massachusetts NIAD Volunteer

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The National Iguana Awareness Day Forum ] [ FAQ ]