kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Hiding spot

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Water Snake Forum ]

Posted by michael56 on January 26, 2003 at 14:38:41:

In Reply to: Re: Hiding spot posted by Pierson on January 26, 2003 at 09:22:29:

I shopped around (yellow pages & NET) for a trout farm and discovered "Sun Valley Trout Park" for family fishing/day camping. There he raises his own fry to adult and stocks his fishing ponds. Of course due to the nature of the fish, they are reared under virtually sterile conditions. Great!! In my case I drive about 45 min to get there, nice drive into the country.
110 feeders for $60.00 CDN
Price from 30 cents ea.to 95 cents ea. 1.5" fry to 9" trout.
The BIG saving (other than absolute quality) is in the big guys!
How many feeder goldfish does it take to make up one 9" fish? A lot! And ... I was able to select any/all sizes in between. And ... they were netted fresh, directly from the ponds.
At first, due to different odour (fresh trout, very little) the snakes were cautious. Second feeding, everybody came out to meet me as I walked into the room. By the time the first bag is opened they're all out waiting like puppies!
By the way, when I get the fish home I separate "meal sets" into freezer bags; three large fish one bag, 10 small fish the next. Oh!! Freeze fish with a little water, keeps them fresh!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Water Snake Forum ]