kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: What kind of live plant

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Mountain and Tree Dragon Forum ]

Posted by FroggieB on April 08, 2003 at 16:31:17:

In Reply to: What kind of live plant posted by windsor on April 08, 2003 at 15:38:57:

Use of high humidity plants such as pothos, some of the dracaenas, ferns, bromeliads, orchids, and other epiphytic plants will also help to maintain the needed humidity and provide hiding places for the MHDs. Try to choose sturdy plants as the MHDs will climb anything they can.

I was going to do a search for a post I made back when Joe was setting up his terrarium but apparently Kingsnake doesn't like us to search and find posts that recommend other businesses! I searched on all the different plants I know I mentioned and none of them found that old thread! It was about using Epiphytes and where they could be purchased. So, here I am having to type and research all of this again! I think I'll save a link or a copy of this post this time : (

So, If you go to this site, http://www.blackjungle.com/ you will find a wealth of information about terrariums. If you go to their Plants section you will find a lot of information about the plants they offer for terrarium use. Any of the plants they offer are safe even for reptiles that may eat plants occasionally and most are well suited to the MHDs habitat. I am not sure about the Ant plants and the only succulant I would recommend for the humid environment would be Rhipsalis, but otherwise the orchids, ferns, mosses, carnivorous plants, Exotics & Tropicals, air plants and other Epiphytes are well suited to this setup.

If you have any other questions about plants after doing some reading let me know and I'll see if I can help. I worked for an interior landscaping outfit for 5 years and picked up a lot of info during that time.

Marcia

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Mountain and Tree Dragon Forum ]