kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Thank you Windy, Sound advice! n/p

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Mountain and Tree Dragon Forum ]

Posted by FroggieB on March 27, 2003 at 11:04:24:

In Reply to: Re: Forgive me for being a skeptic,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, posted by windsor on March 26, 2003 at 19:26:29:

::But having worked with these guys for several years I can't imagine anyone who would sell a CB MHD for only $15. By the time you have invested 6 month in electricity, feed and general care you have way too much invested to sell them that cheap! I won't sell my babies younger than 6 months and consider that a bit early for any but the most experienced herpers. Even then some have lost them due to not following my set-up instructions.

::A lot of imports have been coming into the US much younger so more have their horns that what used to. Now, I am not calling the owners and staff of this store liars but it is possible that to make a sale they are stating that these are CB or it is even possible that the person who sold them to the pet store stated that they were CB. It is not uncommon for this to happen in order to ‘Make A Sale.’

::My recommendation is that you have a fecal check done to make sure there are no parasites. If there are, you can almost bet they are WC. If not, they were probably either treated or they really are CB. I just want to make sure that you know that just because someone says something is CB does not mean that it is. CAVEAT EMPTOR: LET THE BUYER BEWARE!!!

::Just my 2 cents and analytical mind!

::Marcia

:
:Having made the WC/CB mistake with dismal results so far, there's no reason to scoff when someone states the obvious. Do your homework, never take anybodys word to make a sale, and know FOR SURE what you are getting when you spend your money.

:Windy
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Mountain and Tree Dragon Forum ]